Saturday, January 19, 2019

Tuning up for Country ChampsYestaday was round 10 of AV Shield athletics, and the last track meet...

Tuning up for Country Champs

Yestaday was round 10 of AV Shield athletics, and the last track meet before the Victorian Country Championships. I took advice from my coaches and decided not to run the 400 metres. That. Left the 100m hurdles, 100m, long jump and javelin.

Hurdles were first and went well. Improving my technique each time, giving me a PB of 21.36.

In the 100 metres, I had a good start, then backed off at the 30m mark as I approached top speed. Once at speed, I opened up all the way to the finish. Time was a season best 13.45.

Now I could relax, with only the 2 field events left. Long jump was a reasonable 4.06, and javelin was 16.22m.

A good day overall. Today, I’m with the fire brigade running team for a competition.


- Tony via Tumblr http://bit.ly/2CzHJTq

No comments: