Yesterday was a non Shield meet, using the same Program 1 events as last week, so I entered the same events - 200m, 100m and discus. Conditions were warm with only a light headwind for most of the time, though the wind did get quite variable at times.
First event was the 200 metres. Despite feeling as good as last week, the time was a slow 27.92. Not quite sure why. I finished quite strong, so fatigue doesn’t seem to be the issue.
In the 100 metres, I had a good run, only 0.07 seconds slower than last week, despite not having the huge tailwind of last week. I was fairly happy with this result.
My discus form was all over the place this week, but one throw was still reasonable at around 18.5 metres.
Due to my dodgy proprioception, I need to constantly review my technique. In the past, video has proven to be a very useful tool to get feedback, both directly, as well as with the informed opinion of a coach watching the video. Hopefully I can organise some video recordings in the near future.
Today, I started work on the strength/power deficiencies I identified last week. I’ve started a new gym routine to develop leg power, especially in the glutes, to help with both my ladder climbing and acceleration. With 5 weeks to the next fire brigade competition and 7 weeks to the country championships, there is time for this work to have some impact for the latter half of the season.
- Tony via Tumblr https://ift.tt/2QFg2lj