Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Just acquired another tool for photos and videos. Found a...



Just acquired another tool for photos and videos. Found a reasonably priced drone online and bought it.

While awaiting delivery, I familiarised myself with the relevant aviation regulations for flying remotely piloted aircraft, and downloaded CASA’s excellent “Can I Fly There?” app.

The drone arrived yesterday, and I charged it up and was ready to fly. Only problem is a small scrub fire broke out just before I planned to fly, which effectively grounded me from flying, due to the potential of firefighting aircraft operations.

Today, after track training, I had the all clear, but had to make a last minute venue change to avoid people. After a couple of learning issues (you could call that cockpit trouble ;) ), I had the drone flying and taking both stills and video.

The drone has features that might be useful for training and promotions, but I need a calmer day to use them. Conditions today were marginal, with stronger wind than I would have liked.

- Tony via Tumblr http://bit.ly/2RRo1fz

No comments: