Saturday, October 28, 2017

An Afternoon at the Track, and an Award.Today was back at the track for week 4 of Athletics Victoria...

An Afternoon at the Track, and an Award.

Today was back at the track for week 4 of Athletics Victoria Shield competition. My first event was the 200 metres. Unlike 2 weeks ago, I was well rested before competition. Conditions were interesting, and good for me, with a headwind on the bend, and a slight tail wind on the straight. Started well and ran a good bend, though my lack of speed endurance work in the last few weeks showed in the final part. Finished with a time of 27.39.

Next up was triple jump. Got better with each jump, finishing with a jump of 7.90 metres.

The 100m sprint followed, after a break. Got a reasonable start and felt good, but the time seemed a bit slow at 13.48.

Straight after the 100m was discus. First throw was a wobbly 10 metre effort, and the next was a fairly ordinary throw around 13m. Last throw was the best at 15.76 metres, less than a metre off my PB.

Final event was the 4x200m relay. Had a perfect change and realised early on that this was going to be a serious contest, so I kept up the pressure. Handed to our next runner with another good change. Our team won the event.


Had to leave fairly quickly, as I had the fire brigade annual presentation dinner. At the dinner, I was awarded runner of the year for our “C” team for the previous summer.


- Tony via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2gLvOYr

No comments: